Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Stand Up Against Poverty


The organisation that I am working for here (bEARN) was involved in organising the Stand up against Poverty events in Bangladesh in late october.... this is a small event in our street, and a larger one in which lots of slum children came together to stand up against poverty. They were so gorgeous - I had a massive crowd of kids around me by the end of the event - I think I distracted from the main event a little too much... It was a great event though, and was part of an international Stand Up for Poverty world record attempt!

1 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Hey Lula
Love the new updates on your blog. Old Dhaka is even more colourful than I imagined from your stories. And the children are so gorgeous.
xxxx

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home